INSOMNIA: The Ark – launch trailer unveiled for long-awaited RPG
ublisher HeroCraft and developer Studio Mono have revealed a brand new launch trailer for their upcoming dieselpunk RPG, INSOMNIA: The Ark, which will launch for PC via Steam on 27 September.
The new trailer gives players the best taste yet of the labour-of-love RPG, eight years in the making at Samara, Russia-based developer Studio Mono. Players explore a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization – with an epic story that can be completed alongside four NPC companions, with 12 different endings determined by players’ choices throughout the game.
Explore Object 6 – a colossal space station set on a dismal 400-year journey in search of a new home. Your character wakes from cryogenic sleep – stricken with a rare psychological disease and unknowingly holding humanity’s last hope in his bare hands…
Following a successful closed beta phase over the summer which helped inform final tweaks and improvements, HeroCraft and Studio Mono are ready to unleash the title – eagerly awaited within roleplay circles – on the world. And what’s more, the game will continue to be supported post-launch, with additional content and features to be added via free DLC.
INSOMNIA: The Ark will release via Steam on 27 September for $29.99 / £29.99 / €29.99.
INSOMNIA: The Ark is a dieselpunk sci-fi RPG about the slowly degrading remnants of human society attempting to survive on an abandoned space metropolis. Players will develop their character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, and try to stay alive in this brutal world.
Welcome to Object 6 – a colossal space station set on a dismal 400-year journey in search of a new home. Your character wakes from cryogenic sleep – stricken with a rare psychological disease and unknowingly holding humanity’s last hope in his bare hands…
• Exploration is rewarding… and dangerous – Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention – INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
• Personalized journey – Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
• Your choices matter – INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
• Strategic real-time combat – INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
• A rich universe – Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.