Now is the perfect time for newcomers to embark on their journey through the world of FINAL FANTASY® XV. SQUARE ENIX® today released FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION for STEAM®, Origin and Windows 10, and FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Both editions are packed with brand-new add-on content and features in addition to the base game, including all Season Pass content released since launch, an expanded map, new areas to explore and more.
Both FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION feature*:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS.
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D .
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game, with new trophies/achievements.
**FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES requires a subscription to an Xbox Live Gold membership or a PlayStation®Plus subscription.
Those who have already purchased the base game can purchase the FINAL FANTASY XV Royal Pack, to access the new content via the Microsoft Store and PlayStation®Store.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION also features:
- High-resolution options and visuals compatible with native 4K (3840 x 2160), graphical options can also be configured to support up to 8K
- HDR 10 support
- Mod Support – As a preview of what players will be able to do with mod support, players who own FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION on Steam can find the Half-Life Pack items in the Steam Workshop. Further mod support details to be announced at a later time.
- Tobii Eyetracking Integration – For more information on how players can control cameras, auto-aim, warp tolocations and more via eyetracking, refer to the blog post here: www.tobiigaming.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-Eye-Tracking .
- AlienFX Integration – This allows for a more immersive experience with lighting effects tied directly to in-game action on Alienware peripherals.
The new FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION launch trailer is available here: https://youtu.be/O9QuuL78R8w.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10™ and DOLBY ATMOS® along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended, and 4K HDR PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below.
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 7 SP1/ Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core® i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）|
AMD® FX®-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel Core i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）|
AMD FX-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel Core i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）|
AMD Ryzen® 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760|
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM|
Radeon RX 480
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti|
|Screen Resolution||720p||1080p||4K HDR (2160p)|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound™ Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**|
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
*Note if the customer’s computer doesn’t meet the operating environment requirements, or even in the case that it does meet the environment requirements and recommended requirements, there will be cases where the operations may not function correctly due to the combinations or compatibility between each of the drivers, hardware and software.
*Note that the physical version disc is an installer only. Internet connection as well as STEAM account registration is required in order to play the game. Any internet access fee or connection fee must be covered by the customer.
Additionally, a free update for FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES is also available today, introducing several new gameplay areas, quests and other content, including:
- Comrades Quest (Beginner – Intermediate) – Players can now earn exclusive avatar items through a new Comrades Quest where they take control of Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis and complete a thrilling series of Escort, Defense, and Hunt quests in medley form.
- Chocobo Breeding (Intermediate – Advanced) – Up to 10 wild chocobos can now be raised, used to develop new power routes and pitted against ferocious foes at the Caem Colosseum after a sequence of events at Cape Caem are completed.
- Royal Sigils (Advanced – Master) – Players can now unlock an extremely challenging multiplayer quest after completing a sequence of events at Galdin Quay and collecting the six remaining Royal Sigils.
- Hidden Harbor – A new outpost is now unlocked after completing a sequence of events at Galdin Quay, functioning as a “mini-Lestallum” complete with Mission HQ, Power Station, Glaive Barracks, a Remodeling Station and new Chocobo Stables. The new mini-outpost Norduscaen Garrison will also be accessible, and includes a special training session against a refurbished Magitek Armor.
- Additional Content:
- Higher Avatar Character Level Cap – From Level 50 to Level 99
- Higher Weapon Level Cap – From Level 99 to Level 120 (requiring special Meteorite component)
- Ability to Dismantle Armanents – Available after obtaining the Engine Schematics
- New Guest Chefs at Camp – Including Libertus, Gentiana, Cor, Aranea and Iris
- Exchange Gil for Meteorshards – Visit Navyth at a certain outpost
- New Hunt, Escort and Defense Quests
- New Armaments, Weapon Abilities, Remodeling Components
- New Avatar Items – Modeled after familiar faces from FINAL FANTASY XV
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Derek Heemsbergen’s review of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15 – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Forza Motorsport 7, and Cuphead!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!